Information about me

Chicago, Illinois, United States
I have worked to improve professionals and international interaction centers since the mid-90s. I have worked with organizations to grow newly formed organizations to 300% their initial inflow of customers and support personnel and helped others reduce the life of open issues by 1/3. I have aided multiple start-up ventures through planning and initial phases of opening their doors. Occasionally, I work with individuals on improving their resumes, interviewing skills and professional presentation. I believe in a core principle that you should always be looking for the next rung above you and guiding somebody to make a change in their lives as they approach where you have been. Kaizen is the Japanese principle of continual improvement, I call mine ‘the next one up’.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Book Review: Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity

One of the biggest contributions from this book is the context prioritization. I have updated my organizer to include categories of office, home, anywhere, car that way I can be productive at any point. Big picture wise, the weekly planning helps you remember things you really want to do and refocus your efforts. Finally, I swear by his concept of 'always have something to read'. There are times when we are waiting for people to get to a meeting, a few minutes inbetween eating dinner and my son waking up or sitting in a doctor's waiting room that having something I want to read handy is beneficial.

Great book on organization, much easier than the Franklin Covey planning system... and cheaper. check out www.davidco.com for related planning documents.

No comments: