Information about me

Chicago, Illinois, United States
I have worked to improve professionals and international interaction centers since the mid-90s. I have worked with organizations to grow newly formed organizations to 300% their initial inflow of customers and support personnel and helped others reduce the life of open issues by 1/3. I have aided multiple start-up ventures through planning and initial phases of opening their doors. Occasionally, I work with individuals on improving their resumes, interviewing skills and professional presentation. I believe in a core principle that you should always be looking for the next rung above you and guiding somebody to make a change in their lives as they approach where you have been. Kaizen is the Japanese principle of continual improvement, I call mine ‘the next one up’.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Time Off and Representing Yourself

While I have been absent, I have not forgotten about my blog. There was a bit of complication regarding my M.B.A. and I had to retake a class which occupied time so I could not read anything recently.

Next1Up's advice for people, remember that all your text on the internet will eventually become searchable. Remember to represent yourself in the best possible light by expressing yourself professionally and supporting arguments if you want to state a contrary opinion. Most of the people in this make-up class were remedial enough in their writing that it would be hard for me to grant any of them an interview. Limited knowledge of a topic, lack of supporting information and failure to abide by the rules of grammar made philosophical discussions with them impossible. I wish them the best and I hope they grow in their respect for themselves to improve their professional image.

Speaking of professional image, the holidays are hear and my advice is watch your consumption. Company/Customer Holiday parties are not the place to get drunk, go to the bar afterward with a group if that is your desire but regardless of what you hear, these impressions stay with people. This goes the same for anybody that accompanies you. My advice extends into the food as well. Eat something before you get there so you can spend your time talking with everybody instead of shoving your face with appetizers made of contents you have not heard of.

No comments: